Whether you are trying to create an aesthetically pleasing bathing experience or just immerse in a calming sensorial ritual, bath bombs are your answer. Rather than soaking in soapy bathing gel or cleansers, it’s time to buy bath bombs and make bathing a holistic experience. These delightful coloured orbs fizzle, pop and dissolve giving a relaxing experience.
Want to experience a spa-like bathing experience at home? The good news is that you don’t have to spend tons of money when you can easily decompress and relax at home. Whether you love the colourful pops of bath bombs or simply like a soothing candle-lit bathing experience, here are some tips to enjoy your time.
Prepare the bathtub
A bathroom with a bathtub is an invitation to enjoy holistic well-being and indulge in a comforting bath ritual. The first step hence is to prepare the bathtub and the space around it:
- Make sure that the bathroom is not cluttered and is clean. This will help you relax better and focus on the moment. Rinse the tub properly and make sure it is free of dust.
- Get a fresh set of towels and keep it close to the bathing space. Keep it somewhere that is handy and easily accessible.
- Start filling the bathtub with water. The temperature of the water is key as too cold is not relaxing and too hot is uncomfortable. Adjust the water temperature accordingly.
Soak in some bath salt and bath bomb
The whole point of the bathing ritual is to make the experience soothing and elaborate. Once you have filled the bathtub with water, add the bathing salt that soothes aching muscles and flushes out toxins. You can further make the experience more enjoyable by popping in a bath bomb. It creates a colourful and fizzy effect as it dissolves in the water. The Epsom salts majorly consist of magnesium sulphate which is known to reduce inflammation and help with the detoxification of the skin.
Don’t forget to create a relaxing environment
It might sound like a task but preparing for relaxing bathing doesn’t have to be a long tiring process. Just create a minimalistic, calm, and serene environment to enjoy the bath. Here are some easy and simple ways:
- Light some scented candles – One of the easiest ways to create a relaxing mood is by lighting a scented candle. The candle gives a warm ambience leaving an earthly glow. Choose a scent that is light and not something too harsh on your nose.
- Add a few drops of essential oil to the bathtub if you are not using bath bombs. Try lavender as it will relax the mind and boost sleep.
- One of the best ways to enhance the overall experience is to take along a healthy snack or maybe a glass of juice or wine. As you soak in the bathtub, it’s quite relaxing to sip on something that keeps your body hydrated.
Add on some accessory rejuvenation
As you plan on getting comfortable and calming your nerves, it’s always a great idea to indulge in some extra self-care. While you get in the bathtub and enjoy the experience, apply a cooling face mask to soothe redness or maybe a charcoal one to draw out impurities. This gives you time to indulge in some skincare while enjoying your bath.
After soaking for 15 to 20 minutes, it’s a good idea to use an exfoliating glove and scrub to slough off dead skin cells. You can make a natural scrub with oatmeal or brown sugar mixed with coconut well. Once you are done, take a quick shower and do not forget to finish off with a moisturiser.