You should have read our blogs before to know the importance of professional carpet cleaning in prolonging your carpet’s life. You may be curious about how to maintain your carpets’ beauty between professional cleanings, and how to deal with spills and stains.
Here are 7 ways to get rid of stains and keep your carpets looking new.
To remove as much moisture as possible from your carpet after spilling something, grab a paper towel or a clean cloth and wipe it off. Don’t scrub or rub the stain as it will only spread further.
Avoid stain removers that are purchased in stores
We have seen the damage these products cause, without naming names. They are not only ineffective but also cause irreparable damage to carpets and fabrics. For safe carpet cleaning in canberra, you can make a mixture with mild vinegar and water if you are unsure.
How to remove wax
It’s a common pleasure to light candles in our homes, but what if some of the wax gets on your carpet? Although it might seem difficult to remove the wax from carpet without removing a few fibres, heat can easily be used to do so. To soften the wax, place a plain cloth on the area of the carpet. Use a blunt knife or a scraper to remove the wax from the carpet’s surface.
Vacuuming your carpet every other day is a good idea. Regular vacuuming will remove dirt and dust that can sink to the carpet’s bottom and cause damage to the fibers. Vacuuming will not only make your carpet look cleaner, but it will also prolong its lifespan.
Protect yourself by investing
Scotchguard carpet protection prevents stains from reaching the fibers of your carpets or upholstery. This makes it easier for you to remove them. Scotchguard also stops dry soil sticking to carpets and making them abrasive. It’s worth spending more if you have an expensive carpet.
Use the right procedure to remove stains
- Blot the spillage immediately with a clean, white cloth or a paper towel
- Continue to blot the stain with dry towels until the entire surface stain is gone
- Mix 4 parts of white vinegar and water in a bowl.
- Spray the mixture on the affected area by putting a small amount of the mixture in a spray bottle.
- Blot the area once more to remove any excess moisture. Repeat the process until the stain is gone.
- To absorb moisture and dry the carpet, place kitchen towels on the surface.
- Allow to dry for at least two hours before you remove the kitchen towels. The stain should be visible but not transferred to the kitchen towels. If the stain remains, call a professional carpet cleaner.
Regular professional carpet cleaning
If you have a large family, and you need to have your carpets walked on a regular basis, then a professional carpet cleaner should be hired every year. Pet owners may also require a carpet cleaning once every six months. For those who live alone, a professional carpet cleaner should be done once every 18 months. It will make a huge difference in your home.
It is possible to damage the carpet fibres if you wait too long before cleaning it. This can make it more difficult to clean.